Handbags to Diaper Bags


Wednesday, November 26, 2008

I couldn't resist..................

I am usually one of those people that likes to decorate for Christmas the day after Thanksgiving.

Well, this year I needed an extra "Get in the Christmas Spirit" kick in the pants. I was feeling a little scrooge-ish this year and don't know why. Anyway, I just finished decorating my house- shy of decorating the tree (which we haven't purchased yet and will be purchased and decorated by the time we go to bed Friday night.

Here is how it happened............

I convinced Daniel to help me get the Christmas stuff down from the attic last Saturday. Why? I have too much of it and it is freaking heavy. But, I had to promise no decorating until Wednesday. (I was shipping Maddie off to the sitters so I could have uninterrupted decorating time. Plus, I wanted to do some shopping on Friday.)

That didn't happen, the waiting until Wednesday. Maddie took the first good nap all week yesterday and I had already cleaned the house and had some time on my hands. (I need a break from reading Eclipse. I'm fighting with Edward at the moment) I opened the door to the guest bedroom, that was housing all my Christmas decorations. It was calling my name "Lelok, please get us out of the boxes."

Well, I did it and I'm done! But, looking from the outside you would never know I had already decorated. I am going to wait until Friday to get the wreath on the door. I don't want everyone to know how crazy I am.

1 comment:

  1. I've been decorated for a week. All but the dining room that is set for dinner tomorrow night. Too funny about the wreath - I thought the same exact thing and mine hasn't been hung yet, either. We still have the fall wreath on the door, too!! Brad has been calling it Fall-mas!

    ReplyDelete