Handbags to Diaper Bags


Saturday, March 27, 2010

8 Days

So- Maddie woke up from her nap today while I was watching the end of Private Practice. A lady on there was pushing and had a baby. Maddie was intrigued. She looked at my belly and said- Jake Daniel, you going to come out of my Mommy? Well. Be nice." That's my girl.

Almost a week to go and if another person asks are you ready? I might scream. Yes, I'm ready, but I don't know how I feel about sharing Jake Daniel with the rest of the world. (I also went through this with Maddie.) Yes, I know it is selfish- but right now he is all mine and I protect him. I also know once he arrives I will appreciate all the help from others.
Plus with some of the issues we had with JD- I want him to bake as long as he can.

New treat today, that I'm glad I just discovered. Rita's Italian Ice. Pure frozen flavored sugar. It was yummy. Luckily- I didn't like my flavor and Maddie didn't like hers. So, we switched and it was perfect. Daniel-on the other hand- gobbled his up, but did let me finish his lat few bites. I;m considering send Daniel out to get me one now.

Finished some last minute pampering- yesterday. It was nice to relax, unwind and get some things taken care of.

I am also counting down the days until I can have my first full drink. Beer, wine and bourbon- oh how I have missed you. Now, I'm not a big ole drunk or lush. But, I'm one of those people that really enjoys the takes of a good cocktail.

Until tomorrow- I'm done babbling.

1 comment:

  1. Do hospital rooms have mini-bars? Sounds like you could use one!

    ReplyDelete