Handbags to Diaper Bags


Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Day 6

I'm sharing my pregnancy secrets and things that get me thru after the baby is here.

While carrying the Baby Bump-

Prego Spanx- so worth the money
Tan in a Can- A little spray can make cellulite look good!
Bronzer or Bare Mineral Warmth- a little goes a long way- to give your face that healthy glow.
Black anything- It can hide everything and so take some of the pounds away.
Good pair of wedges- well- I have several. I like the height with the feel of a flat. It also saves my back.
Chocolate- Always keep a stash in my bag. Never know when you might need that pick me up.
A good mani and pedi- even though you can't see your feet- everyone else can.

When the Bump is gone-

Concealer- I have a tube everywhere- car, diaper bag and in the house. It makes those last night under eye bags disappear. Plus, my complexion after Maddie was crappy for the longest time.
Hair spray and a comb to tease- I lost a ton of hair after I had Maddie. Spray and comb-gave me that extra umph to my hair. Or this time, I might use the Bump-It. I so love some big hair.
Nursing pads- it doesn't only help in the bra, it helps with spit up, drool and smooth out make up when you do a bad job making it even.
Baby wipes- can't tell you how many nights- baby wipes are what I used to wash my face. Since I was too tried to go to the sink and wash, but refused to go to bed with make up on.
Yes, I still managed to wear make up- a little concealer, warmth and gloss are an everyday must.
Shower every day- I think since I've had Maddie I've only not showered maybe 3 days (not in row).

4 comments:

  1. Ok why in the world do you of all people need tan in a can? You make my pasty white butt look like death..seriously!
    The Bump it should come in handy..my least fav part of infancy..mommy losing all the gorgeous shiny healthy pregnancy hair. Totally unfair.
    I have no idea how you will be able to shower every day with two kids..if you figure it out lmk. I will attempt this again once they are both in school. But you are an early bird so you might be able to pull it off...I must have sleep..screw the shower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I plan on pumping again first thing in the morning and showering right afterwards- if baby is up daniel will be able to feed him. if i don;t pump first thing- i feel like i'm going to die. I think i woke up with maddie around 600 every day for awhile. we'll see how it goes.

    as for the tan in a can- i love having the sun kissed glow- it beats killing myself in the sun. like i said earlier- it hides all the body's imperfections.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea I had to pump before bed & first thing in the morning with Jorja..with Mal I just feed him. I had to get every bit of sleep I could (during the single parenting stage) I didn't have to pump nearly as much with him after the first few weeks.

    A mother's body has imperfections? lol I miss the days before I knew how bad the tanning bed was for me but alas I will be white from here on out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Would it be too obvious to point out the possible correlation between bad skin and washing your face with baby wipes?

    Miss you - hope to see you guys (and baby JD) soon!

    ReplyDelete