Handbags to Diaper Bags


Friday, March 26, 2010

Maddie, Daniel and Me

The Bessada household of 3 has been very chummy lately. Daniel and I have tried to treasure and enjoy every moment we have with just our little Maddie Cakes. I know we will still have time alone with Maddie but right now we don't have to share time.

(we are really excited about the new addition. but it is also a bittersweet time for us. plus, i'm pregnant and very hormonal. so back off)

The last few weeks we have tried to have family time and one-on-one alone time with Maddie. It hasn't been about spoiling her with gifts. Just precious time that can't be recreated. How do you explain to a 2 1/2 year old that her whole life is about to change? She knows she is getting a brother, but I don't think she understands he isn't leaving once he arrives.

Maddie has had me and Daniel in amazement in how much of a big girl she had become.

Her are some of our favorite Maddie moments.....

"Mommy, I;m going to work" "Where do you work?" "Target" Guess, we go there too much.
"Hey, I got a cutie bootie"
"I need to hear the BumbleBee song" Immabee- BlackEyed Peas
Looking at the proof of her class pic and naming all of her friends.
Saying the blessing at dinner- looking like Steve Wonder with the head motions.
Asking me if "JD is kicking the fire" out of me. (I made the comment once that he was kicking the fire out of me and she likes to ask me all the time)
Sudden outburst of complete laughter for no reason. Mad had the most contagious precious laugh.
She has certain books that Daddy can only read her and books that only Mommy can read.
Hearing her recreated the sound of the heart monitor when we go Mommy's doctor visits.


I could go on and on but will spare you all the reading.

Just wanted to share how we have been spending our time lately before Baby Boy graces us with his presence and to let Maddie know (when she is old enough to read Mommy's Blog) that we love her with all of our heart and can't wait to start the new chapter in our family's book.

3 comments:

  1. Awesome post. Glad you're making the most of your time with your only child...while she's your only child. Can't wait to meet Jake Daniel (...and begin the spoiling!)

    Those are two lucky, lucky kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is very bittersweet! You feel like your heart will explode with all the love you have for your firstborn but somehow there's always room for more.

    ReplyDelete